My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Burn Ban Lifted

Living in a populated city you have "bulk trash" day.  The city comes around with several trucks and an a pincer scoop and takes it all away, sometimes leaving big gouges out of your curbside grass strip.

In more rural settings, you burn your bulk trash....when there is not a burn ban in place.  We've been in drought conditions for the past six plus months so the county was a bit slow to lift the burn ban.  I had cleaned up the lots on either side of the house and had several piles of debris (including construction related) that were waiting for the day the burn ban was lifted.
The lot to the right of the house
(taken early in the year)
Two lots on the far side of the trailer.
Construction debris that eventually, where appropriate,
will be burned...

That day finally arrived!  Ya never know the ban will go back into place so late in the afternoon on Saturday, I stopped work on the hallway ceilings to take advantage of the lifted ban and the remaining daylight.
Two debris piles down, three or four to go.  I'm holding off on the construction debris until the house is done and I'm sure I'll no longer will have a use for any of it.  When that time comes it will all go up in smoke!

No work on Sunday as I have to make a trip over to the Waco property first thing in the morning to check on the house and to mow and then on to Dallas the same afternoon.  I plan on bringing the tractor with mower back with me and keep it here from now on.  I'll transport it to Waco whenever I need to mow there.

No comments:

Post a Comment