My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waco Trip

Made it to Waco on Sunday though I had a bit of excitement on the way.  The right rear tire experienced a tread separation. 
Just about the time I noticed my laptop on the seat next to me starting to vibrate and immediately after I had the thought that I really shouldn't delay any further replacing all four aging tires on the truck, the tread gave way with a terrible slapping noise and a burst of brown dust out the back.  Pretty exciting but probably more so for the guy behind me.

I swapped out the spare and continued on to the Waco house, mowed the grass, visited with the dairy farmer neighbor next door for a couple of hours and then on to Dallas so I could be at the office on Monday for a day visit.  While there it was off with the old tires and on with the new!

I made it back to the Lake House Monday evening with the tractor and trailer in tow without any further problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment