My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Monday, January 09, 2012

Work Continues.....

Leaves, leaves, and more leaves
All last week and the week before for an hour a day, my lunch hour, I've been out blowing leaves.  I think I'm getting sick of it all!  BUT....I'm whittling the pile down bit by bit.....and that's just one side of the property.

I managed to get some burned down on Friday, and then again on Sunday though Sunday's burn pile was a pain in the butt because all the leaves burned out from under a bunch of brush I had cut down and piled on top.  The silly leaves burned out from under the brush without doing anything to the branches and such!  It was probably still too green to burn easily.

By late afternoon Sunday I contemplated doing something rash (aka: totally stupid).  I kept eying the gas can sitting over by the house licking my lips the way a person dying of thirst looks at a glass of water!  I showed restraint and settled on just adding more leaves pitchfork by pitchfork full.  It seemed to do the trick as it wasn't long before the brush started to burn.  Of course sitting on a pile of smoldering leaves all day probably helped dry them out.

They started to burn in earnest.....as long as I kept adding leaves.  Still, I'm glad because by Sunday night after it had burned down to just ash, it started to rain.

Carport work continues....
Spent Saturday late morning until about 6pm and all day Sunday adding more ceiling panels to the carport.  Boring but for some reason it went fairly well.   The center bay of the carport is now completed.
And the pile of old insulation is dwindling.
Another couple days work and it will be done.

Storage Shed
I'm starting to sorely feel the lack of storage.  This place used to have an outside shed but it was in such disrepair HUD tore it down.  I always knew the time would come that I would have to get some type of outside storage facility and I'm thinking that time almost NOW.  I want the house empty when it comes time to do the drywall so I'll have to have it before then.  $

I've been looking at some options. Perhaps a 10'x16' or thereabouts.  I've had thoughts of creating my own ROUND storage shed keeping in tune with the house but it would be a lot of work, not to mention probably astronomically expensive to do something out of the norm.  Either way:  $$$.

Will post about them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment