My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just odds and ends

There wasn't much progress this weekend.  I should mention it was COLD this weekend.  The house is so well insulated now that when I stepped out the door on Saturday morning, I had no idea the temp had fallen to the degree it did.  I had to go back in and get my heavy coat!

The temp hovered in the mid to upper 30's on Saturday and not much better on Sunday.  When that happens, the last thing I want to be is outside and Saturday I was outside all day.   I committed to helping a friend move a number of his non-running collectable cars around in his freshly cemented sheds.  That pretty much took all day and when I got home I just HAD to take a nap!!  Still, I enjoyed the day and the company.

By nightfall the temps fell again so working outside was OUT!  Sunday wasn't much better but I did manage to at least get started on one project, the installation of the bath surround in the guest bathroom....mostly because I could do it inside.

Who knew it would take such thought!!?  You have to get it right because one bad cut and you've ruined a perfectly good tub surround.  It also meant cutting and fitting additional wall studs...which meant going outside....which meant I kept thinking of reasons to NOT go outside.

I'll pick up on the installation on my next posting.....which by the way, will probably not be for another weekend or so.  I have to go to Dallas this weekend to do a couple of things and to check on the house there.  I haven't been back in a couple of months so no work on this house.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment