My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Demo day 3-4

I've made decent progress thus far. I completed the install on the water shutoff valve. It was a bit frustrating putting the pieces together and getting everything ready for "sweating". The old adage applies here; " measure 30 times, cut and sweat once". Did you know that copper is up to $3.25 a pound know? All the parts necessary to create the valve ran about $52.00. Some of it will be used on future plumbing tasks. The water company was satisfied and I now have water.

I pulled down the walls in the third bedroom and finished pulling paneling from some areas that I planned to come back to. I also pulled down the faux beam in the great room which then lead to prematurely pulling some of the sheetrock from the ceiling (cuz I couldn't resist). I'm pretty pleased, while there was some slight damage due to carpenter ants over one of the windows, it was pretty minimal. I can probably clean it up, treat it, and close it up.

I still haven't figured out how to load pics from my iPhone so will post them shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment