My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Tomorrow's the day!

March 10, 2011.  One more day till closing and I will sure be glad when it's all over with.  An early birthday present to me! ;-)

In months past I'd been browsing around for ideas and such but there's only so much planning you can do in advance.  You just gotta get your hands on it.  It's been a bit frustrating waiting for HUD to move forward but were finally there.  Still, all my planning is on hold until the deal is done!

Yet another idea.....

Since this is a slab foundation and given the unique nature of the floorplan: ROUND, I decided to do something unusual with the interior floors.  When all the demolition work is done and the old carpeting removed, the insulation work and feature enhancements have been completed and the walls closed up again, I'm going to clean and stain the concrete floors.  It's less expensive than going wall to wall carpet and certainly more greener!

Here's a pic of exactly the look I'm going for.
The center point of the design depicted above will originate from the center of the house which is inside fireplace firebox (below).  Straight lines would radiate out to the outside walls at either 4' or 8' intervals (tbd) on the outside wall.  The curved radius lines would originate from the two outside walls on either side of fireplace promoting a subtle hint of a natural path across the front of the fireplace around to each hallway entry essentially completing a circle around the fireplace.
(prior to previous residents moving out.)
It keeps with the round nature of the overall home design.  The colors will be very similar and as rich!  There's an area carpet at the local Lowes Home Improvement center that has exactly the colors I'd like to replicate as well.  Will try to get a pic of that next time I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment