My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Demo day 8 - To the dump!!

Time to go to the dump!  The pile under the carport and in the garage was getting too big to deal with so and I'm running out of room.  My friend Steve who also owns a house on the lake loaned me his flatbed trailer.  It sure is nice to know people with the right equipment!!  I used it once before when I first acquired my 1948 Ford 8N tractor with the 6' finishing mower a couple of years ago that I needed to maintain my the unruly grass around my mother's place in Waco.  It fit on there without a problem.   Anyway, between the trailer and my big truck, I had plenty of capacity!
Almost right away I began experiencing a bit of a worry as I was having trouble finding a local dump site.  It never occurred to me I might encounter something like that!! I Googled as many ways as it could take the cows to come home but could not find any reference to a local landfill.  I had a sinking feeling I was going to have to drive some 60miles to the only one that was coming up in my Internet searches.  I finally started making numerous calls around to the various available city halls and at first was not having much luck but finally was referred to a transfer station (not a dump) outside of Eustace, TX., only about 12miles away.  Phew!!

It took me 8 hours to go from this.....
and this...

to this....
 and that....

About 4' deep

It took only $100 and 90mins to unload it all.

I figure I have at least one more comparable load to go.  Maybe one and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment