My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Only one post this week (this one)

My buddy Jens from Germany was passing through town this week (Hi Sandra!) for a couple of days so I took the week off, collected my cat and returned to Dallas to spend time with him and to get my taxes and some pending legal stuff out of the way.  We went out to Ikea so I could check out their kitchen cabinets, bathroom and closet features, and some other various furnishings.  I like their stuff!

Jens has been following the house acquisition saga from the beginning so when he passed through town last August he went with me when I got access to the house for the first time.  Yesterday we drove back out to the house so he could see the progress first hand.  I think he was duly impressed.

While there he helped configure my PC so I could tether off my iPhone4 using a gizmo I bought at Frye's which enables me to use it (the iPhone) as my internet connection while I'm there working on the house.  Now that's what I call pretty cool!!  I can conduct more timely blog updates via a regular size keyboard rather than the tiny keyboard on the iPhone.  I'm pleased with that enhancement!

Today we went flying over the lake so I could get some aerial pics of the house......
But despite circling several times the trees where so thick we couldn't see any part of it, even the roof.  Bummer!
Right about.....there....somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment