My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Catching up!

Ok, I'll admit it...I'm way behind on my postings.

The recent annual time change, losing an hour of daylight, is having a drastic motivational effect.  It gets dark now at 5-5:30p.  It sucks because my momentum and motivation has gone right out the window!  It's only been a little while but I sure do miss those sunny 8pm evenings!  Compounding that problem, add a recent plunge in temperatures and it there's even less enthusiasm.  Oh, and did I mention I'm working 40hrs a week now....and lost 40 hrs a week free time that had been applied to working on the house....?

Well.....it ain't gonna get done if I don't do it so I'm still moving forward....albeit a tad slower!

Aside from working bit by bit on the house, I've also been doing some work around the lots on both side of the house.  It's fall so the place is covered with leaves.  The trees are tall and old so they tend to drop limbs and stuff that has to be cleaned up so I've had a couple of burn piles going on.  I kept stoking one small pile each morning to the degree that it burned for five days and consumed a ton of natural dead debris laying around.

It's starting to look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment