My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Shower drain continued...

After some trial and error fitting with various drain pipe fittings, and digging the hole in the floor deeper and wider, I finally figured out how to best utilize the space offered by the original hold in the ground.

I dug out the dirt under the original p-trap, took my handy torch to the fitting just under the lip of the floor and sweated the P-trap off of the drain pipe laying the way to adding a newly fashioned p-trap.
 I back filled the hole using water to settle the sand down into a hard pack leaving about about a 1-1.5" to accommodate a cement layer bringing the floor back to level.
Back filling the hole with sand.

Laying in a layer of cement to bring the hole
back level with the floor
Next step will be the sloping concrete subfloor.  Who knew a tiled bath had so many layers and requirements to it??


No comments:

Post a Comment