My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Drainage Control - Completed

Yesterday's delivery of the gravel for the driveway marked it's near completion.  I was on a conference call so I couldn't watch the delivery or most of the spreading it around but suffice it to say, it's done!  And I'm glad!

The carport is now higher than the ground!
The dirt was reformed to be a berm along the ditch
and a nearly 2ft berm behind the tree there in the center
You can see the crest over the pipe to keep water
off the driveway slope
Later, when the side access driveways are installed, the gravel will be scraped up and reapplied as base for the new driveways.  A side effect of this much needed drainage improvement is the newly relocated dirt in the form of berms along the ditches.  There's a lot of new bare ground surface that needs to be tilled and seeded.  It's always something. 

In the meantime, it's back to inside work.

No comments:

Post a Comment