My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Monday, April 02, 2012

Drainage Control Prep

My finger is recovering but it's still is a bit annoying.  As with any cut, I feel it every time I touch something but wearing work gloves mitigates the problem considerably to the degree I was able to tackle the wood pile located out front.
The wood pile
The wood pile
If you've been tracking this blog since the beginning, you'll recall the wood pile originated as a large tree on the right side of the carport and had the looks for all intents and purposes of being completely dead and thus potentially a danger to the house should it decide to come down on it's own.  I had it cut down.  In hindsight, while it was likely dead, it was still stout and could have remained standing another year or two.  But, it had to come down at some point so down it came.

The tree service cut the pieces down to fireplace size and stacked them along the property line to the right of the carport.
The stump was ground out shortly after this pic
Moving the wood pile
With the coming drainage excavation work now was the time to relocate the wood pile.  The only problem was where to put it so I wouldn't have to move it again later.  After much consideration, I opted to move it over to the lot to the left of the house.

It took nearly all day Sunday and part of Monday to get it fully moved.  I started by creating a rack with some spare treated lumber to keep it up off the ground and then started piling it on.  I had no idea there was that much there.  It just never seemed to end.  By the time I did finish, it was a 4.5' high wall of tree!
 The upside is that I can use the wall for privacy and make a seating area/fire pit on the back side it.
Almost done.
Only about 12 wagon loads to go!
 Done!!
THEN!

NOW!!
Back to drywalling.

No comments:

Post a Comment