My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend activities...and the rain



Saturday....
No work on the house as I took Saturday off to make a trip over to Waco to check on the property and to meet with a new Realtor who deals with farm related properties.  Need to get it sold!

Sunday...
The pre-rain weather with all it's warm sultry greyness was sufficient to zap my interest in doing much of anything today.  I did clean some of the underbrush along the channel but overall I simply didn't feel like doing much of anything.....so I didn't.

Sunday's rain....
The rain eventually made it's way across Texas arriving about 1pm allowing me to validate my investment in drainage control.  It wasn't a gully washer but it was sufficient to see that with few exceptions the regrading and berming along the newly carved ditches and in front of the carport had the desired effect.

The only pooling of water was immediately in front of the carport and was caused pretty much only by the run off from the roof.  The pending rock delivery should resolve that issue.

 The usual flooding from across the road was no longer an issue.
The water flows....
The culvert leading to the water channel



No comments:

Post a Comment