My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Fascia Boards

Wednesday - 5/25/11
Started to work on the inside but got to thinking about the new roof and how it might be the best time to remove the fascia boards before the roof is installed.  They're also a couple of the eaves covering panels that are rotted out and need to be replaced.  Those are comprised of simple plywood sheeting and 1x2 trim pieces.

At first I thought about removing the fascia and eaves entirely leaving it bare decking and roof joists.  I'm sure there's a name for that style but it escapes me at the moment.  It would look...okay-ish...with fresh paint up there. 

However, since I want to insulate the interior with closed cell expanding foam, the gap at the top of the stucco wall between the roofing joists would have to be closed up so you couldn't see the ugly backside of the foam.  There's way too many of them to deal with so I will leave the eave covering up there and repair the ones that need it and install new fascia boards around the perimeter.  It's gives it a better finished look anyway!  ;-)

1 comment: