My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Tree

Friday - 5/20/11
I had the occasion to hear some chainsaws buzzing away up the street.  I could see through the trees some guys working on a pretty big tree in the neighbors front yard so naturally it started me thinking of the oak tree between the carport and the street.
It looks pretty much dead to me.  A shame really as it looked to be easily 100+yrs old.  It's sad to see an established tree like that fading away.  But, given I was investing quite a bit in the carport repairs and a new roof, I figured now is the best time to remove it rather risk it eventually crashing down on the house, the cars, etc.

I flagged the guy doing the main work and advised I had a tree that needed to be removed as well.  He came down, checked it out and quoted me $900.  Don't that beat all!!  It was same amount I guesstimated on my own as the cost removing it.

They started Saturday and finished Monday late afternoon bringing it down from the top.
I now have probably 2-3 seasons of firewood.

He'll return later to grind the stump down and level the ground around it.  Removing a tree sure makes a big visual difference.  More light!

No comments:

Post a Comment