My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Fridays...

Looks like Fridays have the makings of a regular yard day.  I work late afternoons on Fridays so I tend not to want to get too involved in other projects and then have to quit so it seems the logical day for yard work.

This last Friday I spent about 4 hours with my trusty Troybilt push mower and the area looks great...but...I can see it being problematic if I were to pick up the three additional lots surrounding the house.  It would be too much for a push mower.  About 2 years ago I bought and restored to running condition a 1948 Ford 8N Tractor with finishing mower.  It's currently at the Waco house and I use it to keep the area around the houses in check. 
I've enjoyed it and it sure makes mowing larger areas quick and easy (except when that damned umbrella gets caught in the branches!) but it would definitely be overkill for use around the Round House given it's only one lot.  It might still be overkill regardless of how many lots I pick up so I've given serious consideration to selling it once the Waco property sells and using the proceeds to pick up a John Deere riding mower like this one.
There's a neat two bag attachment that could go with it to keep the clippings and fall leaves from getting out of hand.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment