My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend progress; Irrigation Pipes

I worked this weekend so not much time to get anything done.


Saturday, July 23, 2011
It was HOT when I got off work so I waited until about 8pm for the evening heat to let up a bit and then got down in the channel and laid about 100' of pipe before it got too dark to move forward.

Sunday, July 24, 2011
Earlier this morning before work, I had a chance conversation with the neighbor across the channel about the potential of dredging the channel down some 4 additional feet making it then a "deep" channel.      We talked about it last year before I bought the place and the topic came up again, raised by me.

From a resale perspective, deep channels have more value than shallow ones.  Of course this year, it doesn't matter how deep you make it, it still going to be bone dry.  There's also a logistical problem to contemplate....what to do with the yards of dirt that have to be removed.  In this lake, you can't simply "move" dirt around, you have REMOVE it to somewhere NOT in the water.  Hauling it away can get a little spendy.  One option is to simply buy a vacant lot in the subdivision that will NEVER sell and simply dump the dirt there and level it down so that after a season or two, it's level and overgrown again.

Anyway, with no water NOW would be the time to do it!  But, not until the lot next door is mine!

Same as yesterday, when I got off work this afternoon I waited till about 8pm for the heat to break a little and then set about laying another 90' of pipe  That makes about 190' of pipe thus far.  The neighbor across the channel came out again so I ended up shooting the breeze with him till it got to dark again too proceed any further.  His dogs good naturedly tried to terrorize "the Boss" but she held her ground.  She took a few swats at them to show them who's the real big cheeze and put them in their place.  They got the point.  I think she understood they weren't going to hurt her, rather they were just showing their bravado....poorly I might add.

I will add pipeline pics tomorrow sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment