My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Windows Update

Lowes came back out today for additional measurements on the master bath windows.  To have the windows open required 14.5" clearance between the studs so I had to reduce the three intended windows down to two.  Oh well!

As mentioned in my earlier post on this subject, I was going to replace the bedroom windows with shorter versions and then frame in the lower section to reclaim the wall space inside.  The outside would be covered over with a stacked stone veneer.....HOWEVER....

Considering the difficulty I had framing out the new kitchen window with it's curved wall, I figured the Lowes installers were going to have an equally difficult time and time is money.  The difference between  Lowes installing the windows versus me was that I could take all the time I needed whereas they would be on a limited time basis and not potentially not be able to spend the necessary time to make it right should they encounter problems.

Since I didn't want to do that particular work myself, I decided to change course,  get over my phobia of having furniture across windows and have the existing windows replaced with full size replacements rather than shorter ones that would require framing out below them.
Flexibility.  The key to a longer life!

No comments:

Post a Comment