My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Insulation Prep Continued

Monday, Aug 22, 2011
Spent the day inserting the bulk of the 84 end panels between the ceiling joists.  As mentioned previously, their purpose is to seal the opening at the top of the exterior wall leading to the outside eaves or soffits.  They'll serve as 'backing" for the expanding spray foam insulation that is applied to the underside of the roof deck.  The foam is sprayed down the roof between the joists and then across the end panel above the wall header.  As the foam expands, it will expand over and around the end panel sealing the gaps around the panel locking it firmly and permanently into place.

I was able to cut and install about 65 panels before having to quit for the day.  I'll finish the balance on Monday (I hope!).  I'm in Dallas this week and again next week so except for Monday, I won't make any progress and thus will not have much to post about until work resumes.

Tuesday, Aug 23, 2011
Relieved!  Just got confirmation from the foam installers want the job.  Will schedule it when I return from Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment