My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Monday, May 07, 2012

Drywall - Kitchen and Entry Hall

In spite of some extracurricular activities over the weekend and some interruptions by neighbors stopping by to chat, I managed to get some additional drywall put up.

Kitchen...
I have to hand it to guys who do drywalling as a profession!  It's fraught with inconsistencies and time consuming frustrations.  Try as I might to get the measurements down exactly, sometimes the wall itself thwarts you.  I had to raise and lower the second sheet a couple of times to get it right and even then I ended up with a 1/2" gap at the top between the two sheets.  It bugged me for awhile but I finally was able to let it go knowing the imperfect gap would disappear when the wall was mudded and taped.

 Entry hall....
In case you're wondering.....  The 2x4 running along the upper middle of hallway was the original ceiling height with the cross pieces attached to either side.  I deliberately left those in place to serve as a ledge or channel to contain hidden up lighting.  They will be covered over with the lighting behind the top lip.

Getting there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment