My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lighting - More can lights

Well, I made some progress this weekend though truth be told, I was dragging butt the whole weekend.

Saturday
I watered the new grass and then got involved in an early morning conversation with the neighbor across the channel, Craig, who came over on his motorbike.  After working on clearing some mud from the new culvert pipe (put there before I put the grass down) I got involved in another conversation with the neighbor across the street.  Talking to Cody is always a little painful because he only talks about whatever his issue is at the moment and generally completely ignores anything I have to offer the conversation....  You got neighbors like that??

Anyway, that suddenly was extended another 30-40mins when some folks stopped on the street to ask about the lot three lots over to the left.  I walked down the street with them and showed them the lot and talked about the neighborhood.  From there I attended the POA meeting which cradle to grave ran almost two hours.  Then Craig stopped by again for another driveway conversation that ran nearly an hour.

It all served to give me a valid reason to avoid working on the house.  However, by late afternoon I managed to overcome my malaise and installed matching mini can lights in the master and second bedroom closets.

Master Bedroom
Three cans for the big room.
Master Bedroom Closet

Master Bedroom Closet
Second bedroom
Two cans for the second bedroom closet. 
2nd bedroom
Part of the install naturally involved the light switches.  Well, some time ago in the 2nd bedroom I installed a switch inside the closet as you can see in the pic above.  However, I had yet to get that far for the master bedroom but you might recall an earlier posting I decided the door needed to be reversed....which meant the light switch on the wall had to be moved.  So I relocated the switch box and given it's proximity to the closet, installed a two switch box to also house the closet light switch.
Double switch at the door
It worked out pretty well, but then that got me thinking about the placement of the switch in the second bedroom closet which I originally installed inside the closet.
Single switch at the door, single switch in the closet.
Seems to me, for consistency, that switch should also be in a double switch box next to the light switch.  It's pretty close to the closet opening so it's not a stretch to make it work.  I'm going to ponder that one a bit longer before I decide to open the wall back up and replace the single box with a double box. 

What do you think??






No comments:

Post a Comment