My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Monday, May 07, 2012

Extracurricular activties....for a change!

Saturday...
This weekend was split between working on the house and not working on the house doing some other fun stuff.  Saturday I went to local car show with a former big box home improvement store employee and friend Margie.  We made a couple of stops along the way, one of which was a small fruit and vegetable stand to pick up some veggies.  For the last couple of years I've been contemplating trying my hand at developing my own vegetable garden.  I've been watching Mary, the woman I bought the right side lot from, managing her own garden.  Stopping at the veggie stand has got me thinking of that again.  More on that in a future post.

I took a long nap when I got back and then got out with the tractor and mowed both sides of the house.
Best suited for large open areas
It's a 1948 Ford 8N with a 72" finishing mower.  I picked it up so I could keep the grass and such in check around the Waco property.  It does the job well there where I used it for three years but at Round House, as mentioned in a prior post, with the number of trees and the slope nearer the water, I really need to downsize to something more in line with the characteristics of the property.  Everyone tells me the zero turn is the best option so I will give that all due consideration.

Sunday....
On Sunday, my neighbor across the channel, Craig, extended an invite to go out out on his boat so we hit the lake.  For me it was the first time out on this lake ever and the first time in a boat since before I moved here a year ago March.  GADS!!  A year ago.  Between working on the house and the horrendous drought, I totally missed last years boating season.  It makes me think I should bring my boat down though I'm not sure about introducing a distraction from working on the house.  Anyway we tooled around the water front for several miles.  You sure gain a different perspective from the water!  I like it.  There are a lot of beautiful homes along the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment