My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Drywall - Master Bath

I spent Memorial Day Weekend working on the house but equally trying to find reasons to not work on the house.  In the end, not working on the house didn't work out too well.  Discovered none of the local municipalities had anything scheduled over the weekend.  Not one "things to do" listed in the paper.  Go figure.

Sooooo..... I stayed focused on the house....or tried to!

Friday evening started with applying drywall in the bathrooms.  While I focused primarily on the Master Bath first, I alternated back and forth between the two bathrooms depending on the size of drywall needed.  I had a bunch of scrape/left over pieces that I wanted to use up before running to the big box store for more.

In the Master Bath, I started working from one end to the other, the entry doorway to the new shower stall. 
Sink Wall
Work also involved putting up some of the remaining hardibacker cement board.  Various pieces had to be cut and trimmed to fit the outside curve but I finally got it all in place.  Originally I framed in an additional alcove on the back end of the shower stall but later I ran into problems in how I was to secure the back panel.
After a lot of thought, I decided to skip it since I already had an alcove in the forward divider wall and simply paneled over it.
Only the last piece of hardibacker board needs to be cut and installed on the shower's outside divider wall. 

Towards the entry door


No comments:

Post a Comment