My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Saturday, June 09, 2012

A little sojourn into the finer things in life

After spending the morning laying sod, I quit early to join some friends on an afternoon trip over to Tara Winery, a nice little Texas winery off the highway between Eustance and Athens.
Tara Vineyard and Winery
I've been wanting to visit this winery for some time and am reminded of it every time I drive to Athens and see the sign!  I tried a couple of different glasses of wine, enjoyed a cheese platter and finally to partake in a little wine bottling activities.  We all walked out with a complimentary bottle of Texas Blanc du Bois, 2012, now chilling on the wine shelf in the refridge.

It's definitely worth a return visit.

East Texas Arboretum
After the wine tour, several of us stopped by the East Texas Arboretum to check out their Dream Garden.
I attended a Master Gardner's seminar there about the Dream Garden and wanted my friends to see it.  The Dream Garden is fill with a lot of different plantings that make for a nice place to be all year round with different bloomings at different times of the year.  Since working on Round House and talking with my neighbor Mary who has a decent size vegetable garden, it's something I think I'd like to try myself.  The perfect place would be on the two lots to the left of the house assuming I can buy them from the current owners

Recovery
By the time I got back, even though there was still a couple of hours of light left, with a couple of glasses of wine swilling about, there was no way I was going to spend it outside working.  I called it a day and took a nap! 





No comments:

Post a Comment