My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cleanup - Completed (well, for this week).

I spent all weekend working outside.  The weather was just too great to be indoors....even though there's much work to be done there.  But with the upcoming drainage excavation work, it was necessary to get things cleaned up and moved around.  I started Friday and continued all the way through Sunday. 

Saturday
As anticipated, Friday's burn pile was still hot below the surface so I just started adding on to it and it wasn't long before it started ablazin' again!  I sorted content of the junk pile into to three parts; scrap products that I will keep until the very last of the renovation is done and I won't have a need for the miscellaneous lumber, recyclables (copper, metal, aluminum, etc), and the last straight to the burn pile.

Here are some before and after pics:
Before
After
Before
After
The new scrap wood and recyclables temporary location
on the left side lot next door.
I was beat by the end of the day and was in bed by 10:15pm.  Funny thing though, when I get excercise like that, I wake up after only six hours of sleep.  Sooo....On Sunday morning I was wide awake at 4:15am.  Apparently so was my neighbor Craig across the channel because, just like in some B rated mystery movie, I could see his cigarette glowing in the darkness.

Sunday
I started Sunday at 7:40am by winding up my blower and working the huge pile of leaves towrads the back corner of the far left lot.  I also trimmed up a couple of trees in the front which, of course, fed the burn pile for the third day in a row.

A swim and irrigation pipe repair.
Don't know if you noticed in one of my earlier pics of the channel but the irrigation line I installed last year managed to get an air pocket in it in spite of my best efforts to keep it full of water.  It started to float which can be bad news.  You see that a lot out on the lake; floating pipes.  Also, the first day Craig put his boat into the water so he could bring it around to his brand new boat house he inadvertently broke the marker pipe off just above the inlet valve which needed to be sealed in order to get the air out and maintain the integrity of the system when it would finally be put to use.

So today was the day I..., well..., WE... ventured into the middle of the channel for the first time.  It was a little chilly but not to bad once I got used to it.  With Craig's help and me doing the diving, I raised the end of the line so that the air could be drained out of the marker pipe and with a cork and a stainless steel clamp, closed it off, dropped it back into place with the tire over the end to protect it again.
The tire was already there so I used it
as a means of protecting the inlet head.
The orange marker stick is no more!
I did a number of other clean up related things as well which served to extend out the day but it's all done now...till next week anyway.  It sure feels good to see the changes!

In the meantime, time to move back indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment