My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Drywall - Kitchen

With the outside cleanup pretty much done except for the wood pile I moved back inside to start working on the kitchen area.

I wanted to get the refrigerator tucked away ASAP so I started in the left side corner and moved to the right.  First things first, the ceiling of the counter area had to be installed.  The far right outside corner ceiling framing seemed a little weak to me so I spent some time adding reinforcement and then set about installing drywall up there.
Before the upper tier of the backwall drywall could go up, I needed to tap into the water line in the chase above the refrigerator to provide for water and ice.  I picked up an in-wall faucet connector and using another couple of PEX fittings, tapped into the main water line.  Piece of cake taking all of 3mins.
It will be nice to have a constant supply
of ice again!
The rest of the back wall went up pretty easily.
Once the refrigerator was in place, you could start to get a true sense of the space in that area.  It started me thinking again of the final layout.  More on that later!

On to the outside curved wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment