My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yard Care - Again

With the new job, I spend 40hrs a week working from the house so to make it interesting I positioned my temporary desk right in the curved windows of the Great Room.  It gives me a panoramic view of the inlet cove to the right and the channel that comes up behind the house.  That's the upside.

The down side is that you can see the yard growth getting a little unruly and thus unsightly.  Ah well, them's the breaks!  The weather was spectacular on Saturday.  It was sunny and mild, perfect for getting out and cleaning things up....again.  So, after I finished drywalling the 3rd bedroom I spent the remaining afternoon well into darkness working on the right side lawn and lot next door.  I debated whether I should use the tractor and it's mower again but opted to just push mow it.  Gotta get me that riding mower cuz I was sure draggin butt by the time I got cleaned up and rolled into bed!

There is an upside to the downside....eventually.  Everything sure looks nice when it's freshly mowed!

According to the weather we were due for another significant rain come Tuesday so Sunday I focused on getting the left side lots cleared of the limbs that came crashing down the last time I had been out blowing leaves, just missing me by a mere three minutes!  I spent two hours blowing the leaf pile about 20' closer to the drop off at the back of the lots.  I finally quit that task and moved on to getting the branch debris cleaned up.  I got out my chainsaw and cut them all down to 2-3' lengths and threw them on the burn pile.  By about 9:00pm I had pretty much burned through all the debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment