My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

A Really Close Call!!

As mentioned in my last post, I spent all day Sunday blowing several years worth of leaf buildup on the two lots to the left of the house into a big pile with the intent of herding them to the back corner of the property where it drops down into a gully that is the starting point of the channel the house is on.  I didn't get the job done then so today I spent about an hour moving the pile closer to the back.

Generally one tank of gas on my backpack blower lasts about 1hr 10mins so during my lunch hour, I unplugged from work and started tackling the pile.  As anticipated, an hour or so later I ran out of gas and walked back to the house.  I set the blower down and stepped inside to hear someone knocking at the door.  AH!  The seawall guy coming back to give me a quote (a later post).  We had barely started talking when suddenly we heard a crack and crashing sound.  It was obviously a tree branch coming down.  From the sound, I knew pretty much where it fell but was startled when we went to look.

That branch came down quite literally where I had been standing three minutes earlier!  If I hadn't run out of gas at the right moment, between ear plugs and the blower, I would have never heard it break and never known what hit me.  I'd either be dead or seriously impaired. 

Hmmmm.....who can I sue??

YOWZA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment