My Round House

My Round House
Believe it or not, it's round!

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Drywall - Continues

Wow!  I let a lot of time slip by without an update.  My bad!

Week ending Feb 26
I spent part of last week putting up more drywall.  I finished the curved wall in the master bed and continued it through to the bath.
I also started dry walling the center walls which contain the plumbing but decided to hold off completing it pending some further thoughts on which bathroom sinks I would settle on.  I didn't want to get too far into the drywall of those areas only to have to undo them again to move the water lines.  It's one of the pitfalls of renovating on the fly.   

Week of Feb 27
I started dry walling the third bedroom, specifically the wall separating the bedroom from the great room.  Before I could start I had to redo some wiring as the bedroom side of the wall had only one outlet and I've had my fill of standing on my head trying to plug something in behind what is usually an immovable object so I added and additional outlet and moved the original one so that regardless of what's up against the wall, the outlets are within  easy reach.

As with the Master Bedroom, I decided the wall switch needed to be moved to the other side of the door opening so that when the door is installed, it provides maximum privacy even with the door ajar.  I'll get that done shortly

Entertainment area
The living room side will contain the entertainment area which will eventually include a large flat panel TV and a desk area with the TV mounted on the wall so it is up and out of the way.  To provide suitable means of support, since the walls were open, I opted to block the wall with four 2x12's blocks between the studs.

This will allow for the maximum hold no matter what size and weight the flat panel will ultimately be.  It also allows for the highest degree of flexibility in the final placement of the multi-adjustable wall mount bracket.

To the right of the blocks will be an in-wall electronics outlet box open to the wall cavity and a power outlet so that all of the cables, speaker wires, antenna and such are hidden behind the TV when it's installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment